Friday, June 5, 2009

COMED HELPS RESIDENTS, BUSINESSES

ComEd has improved electric service to dozens if not hundreds of business and residential customers in La Grange Park.

The electrical utility completed work earlier this year along 31st Street by investing $2 million to upgrade distribution lines.

The work will benefit most area residents by providing additional backup options when electrical loads must be shifted to quickly restore customers during storms and other outages.

Since 2001, ComEd has invested more than $5 billion to expand and upgrade its transmission and distribution systems, according to the company.

This has resulted in a 39 percent reduction in the frequency of customer interruptions.

The company performs regular maintenance work to ensure reliable delivery such as vegetation maintenance to free electrical lines from interference.

1 comment:

deb brzostowski said...

ComEd doesn't help all residents... they take advantage of hardship and a weak economy. When there is no compitition, they can treat their customers like a shmuck.

after 8 years of being a consumer of comeds, our power got turned off. the next day it ewas on, because the day they shutt it off i paid a $1000, the past due amount. a month later, they shut off my power again, because times are hard, and we are struggling to pay our bills on-time. again the next day they turned my power on because I paid the $250 for the past moth of service, PLUS $108 down payment. The next month (now) they thretened to turn my power off again. They wanted $250 for the past month bill, PLUS another $108 down payment. They will bill me next month for my bill PLS another $108 down payment. However, I filed a complaint with the ICC and because I did so, they were not allowed to turn off my poewer. I then paid my bill, but not the $108 down payment, which I am disputing. There are no other power companies in Illinois to choose from, so they have zero compitition. Why should I give the a total of $325 to sit in a bank account of theirs? I've been a pretty good customer, and have never in my life-time been through a recessed economy. Millions of people are struggling,. and they have the nerve to take advantage of 1) no competition; and 2) forcing people to give them more money then what they owe.

ComEd sucks. If any one else is in a situation like mine, file a complaint ewith the ICC. It stopped them from shutting my power off, and hopefully, it will stop them from unfair collection of money not due to them. you can file a complaint wit the ICC at: http://www.icc.illinois.gov/consumer/complaint
Spreead the word, so we can stop ComEds B.S.